Skip to content
Prometheus – 2012 Ridley Scott
- The starts off with an absolute stunner of an opening and credit sequence- such beautiful photography is pretty rare in cinema
- There’s a lot under the surface with the Fassbender character. I’ve seen this film 3 times now and wish they had expanded a little on the 2 years of travel or whatever when everyone else was in hibernation and fassbender’s david was awake—learning about others, watching and copying Lawrence of arabia, etc- I wonder if there’s a ridley scott directors cut out there like blade runner or kingdom of heaven
- The fassbender character name is David- just like I.
- The storm set piece is an absolute stunner as well
- The film is flawed. There much that is questionable if not improbable, even in the world of the film, but I think one of my biggest beefs is Logan Marshall Green’s character. The actor is fine, but I just think he’s completely miscast and functionary to propel the narrative and nothing more. He doesn’t seem intellectual, he’s overly reactive and cocky without intelligence
- It’s a “good ideas” screenplay but not great dialogue. Many great films call into this category though.
- Very strong score
- The surgical machine set piece sequence is a highlight as well
- Great actors but not great performances here which is telling
- The film is filled with homages and winks to 2001 but one I didn’t notice until this viewing was that Guy Pearce’s old man looks just like the old man in 2001
- The effects Scott uses are set design drive and not special effect driven- I think this is what elevates this film above almost every superhero film
- Borderline top 10 of the year level film
- Recommend/ Highly Recommend