Skip to content
The Impossible – 2012 Bayona
- J.A. Bayona (The Orphanage) crafts a solid drama led by the ever reliable Naomi Watts and Ewan McGregor.
- You absolutely forget McGregor and Watts (Watts especially in a very good physical performance—she is bruised and battered) are movie stars—purely actors here
- Set up as the idyllic family—real, supportive, loving
- The tsunami scene- remarkable, devastatingly tragic and powerful. The set design in the aftermath is praise-worthy as well
- I’ve seen the film 2-3 times and I always forget how long we’re just with Watts and Tom Holland (debut) and not McGregor and the two younger boys
- A well-earned dramatic scene of the boys running into each other’s arms. It gets me very time- tender and moving
- Recommend but not in the top 10 of 212
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
[…] The Impossible – Bayona […]