- “Just when I think I was out they pull me back in”
- Many of the critics recognize the impossibility of following up two of the greatest films in cinema history- this film is neither a masterpiece or a disaster
- The film misses Robert Duvall’s presence- it just doesn’t have anyone with the size to compete with Pacino
- The acting is particularly brutal by Sofia Coppola. She’s not an actress and it’s immediately apparent. The scenes with her and Pacino and so distracting with the disparity in the acting talent
- 7 oscar noms and most of them very deserving
- The trademark Coppola finale montage (for the godfather films they are a series of murders) is way too drawn out here
- The step sequences at the opera (Operatic is a great way to describe this film and FF Coppola’s work) is such a dazzling set piece finale
- Border top 10 of 1990
- Recommend/ Highly Recommend border
did you see the new cut with a new ending and opening (and slight edits) come out. i’m excited to rewatch these films!
Look at the comment written that came right before yours on the comment stream. He has not seem them yet.
…on Heat and Dust
@D.W.Griffith- not yet– I still haven’t seen the Cotton Club redux either- and I want to- want to see them both.
@Drake – Have you yet done so?
@Zane- I have not yet
[…] The Godfather: Part III – F. Coppola […]