Skip to content
Sudden Impact – 1983 Eastwood
- It’s the 2nd best Dirty Harry film after the 1971 Don Siegel original. This one isn’t nearly as good but again has a great director- this time Clint himself.
- Most well-known for the famous “go ahead and make my day line”. The line is superb but that’s not it, it’s great writing of course, but it doesn’t work without Eastwood in front of and behind the camera- it’s really well shot with a tight pull in
- Sandra Locke can’t act but just like her performance in josey wales she’s perfect for this role- she’s icy and traumatized killer and rape victim- she’s supposed to be out of it and it fits fine
- The memory sequences are what I like most- it certainly is what Eastwood borrows from his past work from josey wales to high plains drifter. The revenge motif is there as well—it’s an unpleasant film showing some pretty graphic scenes
- I don’t particularly love that he does his famous line again here “make my day” at the end
- On the very edge of the worth a look vs recommend but in my archives- not in the top 20 of 1983