- Despite the solid ensemble cast this is really a one-man show featuring Richard Gere, it’s one of his best performances and he rightly received raves for it
- I purposely picked this imagine of him (above) with the ear buds because days after the performance this indelible character will be in your memory- very complex and rich character.
- You need to see the full film to archive it (which is actually pretty rare- usually I can tell pretty quickly)- you have to admire the slow web that is being woven- largely from Gere’s character and cedar’s slow-developing and complex screenplay—there’s not a lot here visually
- The film is intelligent and very well structured- the chapter breaks give the film a needed arrangement and it’s a nice companion piece with cedar’s 2011 archiveable film footnote
- not in or near the top 10 of 2016 but I do have it in the archives
Leave A Comment